Sea Hares and Sea Cucumbers

Sea Hare

Sea Cucumber

Later on I went to the very Rocky beach, where big boulders and slimy slippery rocks was one of the biggest challenges of this kind of substrate. I had to navigate my feet as to not slip or cut myself on the sharp barnacles and surrounding potentially dangerous animals. It was scary, but it was worth it to see all types of creatures. Luckily enough, I myself found a sea hare underneath a small rock. Originally I thought it was two rocks stuck together until I saw it move, which was frightening, but sweet. I learned that many organisms hide under rocks to stay moist and cool. Then Dr. C found a sea cucumber and all of its foots stuck to everything. It was like a slug, but with 500 suckers on it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Species at Cholla Bay James Chrislip