Cholla Bay and a Hiding Octopus

After experiencing the agony of navigating the sharp boulders, the very next day, I went to cholla beach. The sand was so soft and melted in a sense, my feet were always covered in it. I think I learned the most of this trip to the muddy substrate. I learned like in the picture, that pygmy squids or double-ringed octopuses, I forget, hide in shells that are dead. I took a photo of the octopus with its tentacles stretching to hold together the two parts of the shell. It was insane and beautiful to see a squid inside a shell like this, I never would've guessed it. I also learned from Glean that you can tell if one is inside by looking at the crease between the two shells. If it was a clam then it would sealed tight, but if there was a octopus then there is a small gap for the octopus to breathe from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Species at Cholla Bay James Chrislip